David M. Bresnahan - "That PR Guy"
Your Personal PR Consultant
avid Bresnahan has worked in all areas of newspaper and broadcast journalism, as well as public relations since 1972. He knows what journalists and broadcasters need and want.
Bresnahan has authored several books, hosted talk radio programs, owned a radio station, on-line newspapers, and other businesses. He has provided contractual public relations and advertising services to numerous companies and non-profit organizations. He has also managed sales teams marketing advertising and insurance.
His nationally syndicated radio program received a number of awards, including the "Communicator Award of Excellence in Broadcasting for 2000." He has also received awards for work in journalism, including the "2001 Crystal Award of Excellence for Outstanding Work in Journalism" for a series of investigative reports that exposed espionage and corruption in the U.S. Army Labs.
His most recent book is "9-11 Terror In America," which contains interviews with WTC rescue workers during the first 24 hours after the attack.
He received a bachelor of science degree in communications with a computer science minor from Westminster College of Salt Lake City, where he was awarded the N. Eldon Tanner Christian Service Award.
From 1995 to 1996 he served in the Utah House of Representatives. Most recently he ran the North and South America portion of the media center in Salt Lake City during the 2002 Winter Olympic Games. He handled news media requests from thousands of journalists, resulting in many thousands of news stories created through story ideas and resources he provided.
Bresnahan has always been active in his church and community, where he has been a Scout leader and youth baseball coach. He received the West Jordan Community Enhancement Award for service in West Jordan, Utah, where he also served for 8 years as a member of the board of directors of the West Jordan Chamber of Commerce.
He also participated in the sport of gymnastics and spent many years coaching youth at all levels in the sport. In 1986 he was appointed as coach of the U.S. Men's Gymnastics Team for competitions in Riga, Latvia and Moscow, Russia.
In 1988 he was married in the Salt Lake Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to Rona Oldham, a former first-grade schoolteacher in the Salt Lake City School District. The Bresnahans have four children and live in Wakefield, New Hampshire.
Qualifications and Experience:
It is the policy of ThatPRGuy.com to treat all contact information from those who inquire about services as well as those who become customers as confidential. Your information is used only by ThatPRGuy.com and is never given or sold to any other company, individual, or entity. We are in the business of providing you with publicity, so your information associated with a press release and other media documents may be made public if and only if you pay for that service.
- Westminster College, b.s. degree in Communications with a minor in Computer Science
- Working journalist with 30+ years experience
- Award winning radio broadcaster with 30+ years experience
- Book author of five books with a recent best seller
- Technical writer for software manuals
- Web site content designer and publisher
- Public speaker for corporate and youth groups
- Former radio talk show host with both local and national shows
- Former radio station owner
- Public relations consultant for many clients - large and small
- Publicist for clients seeking interviews with media
- Significant fundraising experience for non-profit groups and campaigns
- Member of various professional boards
- Former member of the Utah House of Representatives
- Former coach, U.S. Men's Gymnastics Team